There is a natural remedy that is rapidly entering mainstream use, its variety of different forms and the wide range of ailments it can help alleviate mean its momentum will only continue on an upwards direction. This remedy is CBD oil, a mix of one of over a hundred naturally occurring compounds sourced from the host Cannabis plant and a plant oil such as coconut or palm oil. It is the subject of an increasing number of scientific case studies in the health and wellbeing world with the data showing positive results for a significant number of mental health conditions and other chronic pain related illnesses.
What Is Cbd?
The primary active component of CBD products like CBD oral tinctures, CBD vape juice and many other items is Cannabidiol, but unlike the other compound Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) it will not give you the sensation of getting high associated with Cannabis. This quality is something highly regarded by sufferers looking for relief from pain or an alternative remedy for their illness. The scientific studies are finding that CBD has an effect on the body’s specialised endocannabinoid system that regulates sleep patterns, appetite, and pain responses. It is found that chronic pain is reduced when CBD affects the receptor activity, reducing inflammation and when it interacts with the body’s neurotransmitters.
The Varied Range of Cbd Oil Products
There is an ever-increasing amount of CBD oil products as manufacturers come up with new processes and ideas, they now dominate whole sections of wholefood and wellness stores and have led to a wealth of online suppliers. The vast range of CBD products fall into these main categories –
- Tinctures, pills, and capsules taken orally or added to food and drink.
- Edibles such as gummies, sweets are also taken orally.
- Vape e-liquids used in normal vape devices.
- Skin care products such as lotions, creams and salves rubbed into the skin.
The type of illness which the CBD user is looking to soothe might determine what product is best suited to their situation, the strength or amount of the CBD oil contained in the product would also factor into this decision. CBD oil is most easily absorbed when taken orally or by vaping whereas any product swallowed takes time to be dissolved by stomach acid and is diluted to some extent.
Who Could Benefit from Using CBD?
The sufferers of a wide range of mental health disorders and life changing illnesses can find relief by using CBD oil in one of its forms, these include –
- CBD oil is effective in treating the chronic pain involved in arthritis, fibromyalgia, and multiple sclerosis.
- It can impact many mental health disorders including insomnia, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- It can reduce cancer related symptoms such as pain, nausea, and vomiting.
- CBD oil may have some neuroprotective properties and be an option for sufferers of epilepsy and Multiple Sclerosis.
- There are benefits to the heart and circulatory system, it can lower blood pressure and increase arterial function.
This is by no means a full and complete list of illnesses, if you or a loved one may gain some benefit from using CBD oil, please investigate the wealth of information available online.
I hope this short article has opened your eyes to the options available to you through using CBD oil and has set you or someone you know on the road to finding relief.